CONSULTANT, SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT and EXPERT WITNESS
As a top expert in the filed, Dr. Egger remains available, when his teaching schedule permits, as a consultant for law enforcement and criminal justice agencies and other academic institutions. He is also frequently enlisted as a subject matter expert by the news media, documentary writers, and fiction writers, and has been called on to testify as an Expert Witness. Notable activities include:
- Consultant and Presenter at Major Case Practices Workshop/File Review II, The Dark Side of Humanity Workshop for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Project KARE, High Risk Missing Persons/Unsolved Homicides, January 30-February 2, 2006.
- Consultant and Instructor to the Illinois Attorney General's Offce and Illinois Local Law Enforcement Officer's Training Board for the development and delivery of Elderly Service Officer Training and Elderly Service Leadership Training.
- "Mind of a Murderer" workshop Subject Matter Expert presentation for Fort Bend, Texas Writers Guild. April, 2001.
- Consultant to CNN Special Reports "Murder by Number" two-hour televiesion special. First aired January, 1993.
- Continued contacts by numerous television, newspaper, and magazine reporters in USA, Canada and United Kingdom regarding the phenomenon of serial murder.